Member News and Updates – October 2019
- We are putting out a call for sitters for our Monday Portrait Group.
If you or any of your friends, acquaintances or relatives would kindly come and sit for a head and shoulders portrait, and have their choice of drawings, watercolours, acrylics, or pastel portraits of themselves as a thank you, we would really appreciate a couple of hours of your time on a Monday morning. We arrive about 8.45, start around 9, have a morning tea break at 10 and finish around 11.15.
If you can help out, please contact Sylvia Heterick 3207 9590 or 0418 366 605, email: email@example.com
- We need a new Maintenance Officer since Glenn is resigning.
Please put your hand up on or before our Annual General Meeting, which is on 11.11.19. Please call Danielle Bain on 07 3206 6185, 0417 239 911
- Important Note from Our Publicity Officer Karen Munster
Karen asks that you please send her photos of your framed works which have glass BEFORE they come to the gallery for hanging. She cannot put them up on social media if she cannot get a good image. She has had some success selling our work through advertising our exhibitions in this way.
Please remember to take a photo of your work before you frame it because it is impossible to get a good photo without reflections affecting the image – as you all know, this is a good idea for your own records, and also in case you want to use the image to make cards etc.
Send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile 0438 243 885.
Gallery and Exhibitions
Interpreting the Great Master Exhibition Information for members who have entered the “Interpreting the Great Masters” exhibition at the Redland Art Gallery Cleveland from 1 November to 1 December 2019
- Entries closed on the 30thAugust 2019
- Art works need to be delivered on Tuesday 29th October at 10 am to Redlands Art Gallery Cleveland’
- Exhibition is installed Tuesday 29 October – Friday 1 November
- Official Opening 6.30pm Friday 1 November at Redland Art Gallery Cleveland
- 9am Sunday 3rd November – exhibition officially opens to the Public
- 10am Sunday 3rd November – Floor talk at Redland Art Gallery and Morning Tea
- Sunday 1 December – Exhibition closes at 2pm
- 10am Monday 2 December – Artists to collect their artwork from Redland Art Gallery Cleveland
• Robin Wilson – Line Wash Workshop, Saturday 16 – Sunday 17 November 2019.
Additional information go to Workshops
Plein Air Group
YURARA PLEIN AIR Members morning weekly group a free & untutored group assisted by volunteers.
START: 9.00 am, Thursdays. Members only.
Plein Air locations can be emailed to interested members upon request.
All members welcome as regulars or as a casual. We enjoy a social end to the morning at the nearest Cafe sharing our mornings painting/sketching, over coffee/morning tea.
CONTACTS: Nancy Read on 3821 5826 or mobile 0408 774 034 or Heather Bowskill on 3820 6686
Upcoming Plein Air Locations
07.11.19 – Cleveland – Shore St East, cnr Channel St, near Cafe Arabica and R.S.L. – 2 old houses/shops. UBD 186 B16
14.11.19 – Redland Bay – Ferry Terminal, off Banana Street. UBD 226 Q17 21.11.19 – Raby Bay – Park on Masthead Drive. Meet near public toilets. UBD 185 P12
28.11.19 – Victoria Point – Wilson Street – Jetty side – shady picnic area UBD 226 R2
05.12.19 – Cleveland – Park opposite Grandview Hotel. UBD 186 E 15 12.12.19 – Victoria Point – Cnr Egret Drive and Heuston St for egret colony & poincianas. UBD 206 M20
19.12.19 – Mt Cotton – Sirromet Winery, 850 Mt Cotton Rd Cellar door carpark. UBD 224 P8
16.01.20 – Victoria Point – Church St. Big shady tree in Dr Noel Barker park. UBD 226 Q2
2019 Members List of Rotating Exhibitions
Cost for one or two paintings: $5 Total
OCTOBER 28 Deliver paintings – theme: “Shadows” to 24 November.
NOVEMBER 25 Collect “Shadows”, deliver paintings – theme: “Wildlife” to 15 December
DECEMBER 16 Collect “Wildlife” deliver paintings – Open theme: Holiday Collection to January